Pennock Island in a sentence
1. CDPs have not been established for these areas by the United States Census Bureau, except that seven CDPs were established for the Ketchikan-area neighborhoods in the 1980 Census (Clover Pass, Herring Cove, Ketchikan East, Mountain Point, North Tongass Highway, Pennock Island and Saxman East), but have not been used since.
2. The decision in September 2004 was actually for two bridges, connecting Pennock Island in the middle, and is known as Alternative F1. The west span of the bridge was designed to have a vertical clearance of 120 feet (37 m), and the east span of the bridge was to have a vertical clearance of 200 feet (61 m).
3. It is shaped as a "Y", split into two channels by Pennock Island.
4. The Christmas Boat Parade and the Pennock Island Swim also known as The Pennock Island Challenge are two other notable events.
5. Pennock Island is located in the U.S. state of Alaska near the city of Ketchikan.
6. Pennock Island lies between Gravina Island and Revillagigedo Island at the eastern end of Tongass Narrows, dividing the waterway into its East and West Channels.
7. The ancestral tribal burial ground of the Taan ta Kwaan (Tongass people) and the Sanyaa Kwáan (Cape Fox people) are located on Pennock Island.
8. Pennock Island first appeared on the 1940 U.S. Census as an unincorporated settlement.
9. Pennock Island is the venue for the annual "Pennock Island Challenge" swim race which was started in 2004.
10. Media related to Pennock Island, Alaska at Wikimedia Commons.
11. On 6 October, 1915 she grounded on Potter Rock just south of Pennock Island in the Tongass Narrows near Ketchikan, Alaska Territory.
12. The poles originated in the communities of Old Tongass, Cat Island, Village Island, Pennock Island, and Fox Village.
13. CDPs have not been established for these areas by the United States Census Bureau, except that seven CDPs were established for the Ketchikan-area neighborhoods in the 1980 Census (Clover Pass, Herring Cove, Ketchikan East, Mountain Point, North Tongass Highway, Pennock Island and Saxman East), but have not been used since.
- Saxman East
- The Alaska Department of Education
- Mt. Edgecumbe High School
- Nenana Student Living Center
- The Galena Interior Learning Academy
- more than a dozen
- the University of Alaska Anchorage, University of Alaska Fairbanks
- University of Alaska Southeast
- Alaska Pacific University
- NCAA Division I. The Alaska Department of Labor and
- Workforce Development
- Institute of Technology
- Information Technology
- the Alaska Scholars Program
- The Alaska State Troopers
- 16 years old
- World Ice Art Championships
- the Blueberry Festival
- Alaska Hummingbird Festival
- the Sitka Whale Fest
- the Stikine River Garnet Fest
- The Stikine River
- Alaska Native Heritage Center
- The Alaska Native Arts Foundation
- Mary Youngblood
- Libby Roderick
- Lincoln Brewster
- The Man
- the Alaska Folk Festival
- the Fairbanks Summer Arts Festival
- the Anchorage Folk Festival