Home > Letter N > Northern Parishes

Northern Parishes in a sentence

1. Later, at the end of the 11th century, the first iron foundries began to appear in Northern Parishes like Ordino, much appreciated by the master artisans who developed the art of the forges, an important economic activity in the country from the 15th century.

2. The quarrying industry was an important employer in the 19th century, Guernsey granite was highly prized, with London Bridge and many important London roads being repaved in Guernsey granite, resulting in hundreds of quarries appearing in the northern parishes.

3. Two rivers run through Bracknell Forest: the River Blackwater forms the borough's southern boundary, and the Cut meanders through the northern parishes.

4. One of the most northern parishes of the Serbian Orthodox Church existed in the Slovak city of Komárno with local church built in the 18th century still standing today.

5. In the 2003 contest with Blanco, Jindal had lost most of the northern parishes.

6. Santo António is one of the northern parishes of the municipality of São Roque do Pico;

7. They are nowadays elected at septennial elections among the registered commoners, two for the northern parishes, two for the southern.

8. Kisatchie National Forest, the only National forest in Louisiana, United States, is located in the forested piney hills and hardwood bottoms of seven central and northern parishes.

9. Thorpe Thewles is located within the civil parish of Grindon and Thorpe Thewles, in the borough of Stockton-on-Tees in the Northern Parishes Ward and the Stockton North constituency.

10. The constituency covers the borough of the same name except for the northern parishes, which are in the South Ribble constituency.

11. 2010–present: The Borough of Stockton-on-Tees wards of Billingham Central, Billingham East, Billingham North, Billingham South, Billingham West, Hardwick, Newtown, Northern Parishes, Norton North, Norton South, Norton West, Roseworth, Stockton Town Centre, and Western Parishes.

12. The freguesia is subdivided into the following settlements (population data from the 2010 census): The municipality was created in 1917, when two northern parishes of the older Municipality of Santa Catarina were split off to become the Municipality of Tarrafal.

13. In 1917, the two northern parishes of the municipality Santo Amaro Abade and São Miguel were split off to become the Municipality of Tarrafal.

14. Damage was consequently heaviest in the southern half of Jamaica, though some crops across the northern parishes were also affected;

15. Hackney was a two-seat constituency in the House of Commons of the UK Parliament created under the Representation of the People Act, 1867 (often termed Second Reform Act) from the former northern parishes of the Tower Hamlets constituency and abolished under the Redistribution of Seats Act, 1885 (often termed a twin Third Reform Act, with its enabling Reform Act 1884).

16. The civil parishes of Ash-cum-Ridley, Eynsford, Eynsford-Crockenhill, Farningham, Fawkham, Hartley, Horton Kirby, Swanley, and West Kingsdown, all of which became part of Sevenoaks District, are sometimes still collectively referred to as the 'Northern Parishes'. Longfield civil parish originally went to Sevenoaks, but was transferred to Dartford Borough in 1987.

17. Three northern parishes of Tønder County were transferred to Ribe County in the 1970 administrative reform.

18. In 1994, two more northern parishes of the Municipality were split off to become the Municipality of São Domingos.

19. Prior to the 2010 redesignation of Forcht-Wade Correctional Center as a substance abuse facility, male inmates from northern parishes entered the DOC system through the Wade Reception and Diagnostic Center (WRDC) at Martin L. Forcht, Jr., Clinical Treatment Unit, which was a satellite of David Wade Correctional Center.

20. Prior to 2010, Hunt served as the reception center only for male prisoners from southern parishes, while Forcht-Wade Correctional Center operated the reception center for male prisoners from northern parishes.

21. Billingham Central, Billingham East, Billingham North, Billingham South, Billingham West, Hardwick, Newtown, Northern Parishes, Norton North, Norton South, Norton West, Roseworth, Stockton Town Centre, Western Parishes.

22. One of the most northern parishes of the Serbian Orthodox Church existed in the city of Komárom (Komárno) with local church built in 18th century still standing today.