Myron Thompson in a sentence
1. However, on October 29, 2019, U.S. District Judge Myron Thompson blocked the law from taking effect.
2. Led by Reform MPs Darrel Stinson and Myron Thompson, a protest movement was launched known as "Grassroots United Against Reform's Demise" or GUARD.
3. In August 2003, Keyes came out in defense of Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore, citing both the U.S. Constitution and the Alabama constitution as sanctioning Moore's (and Alabama's) authority to publicly display the Ten Commandments in the state's judicial building, in defiance of a court order from U.S. District Judge Myron Thompson.
4. Myron Thompson of Alberta has also called for Emerson to step down and run in a by-election.
5. On December 21, U.S. District Court Judge Myron Thompson ruled in a lawsuit brought by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) on behalf of several inmates that Alabama's practice in doing so violated federal disabilities law.
6. He replaced long standing MP Myron Thompson, who was originally elected as a member of the Reform Party in 1993.
7. He appointed the state's first African-American assistant attorney general, Myron Thompson, who later became a U.S. District Judge.
8. Stinson was much angered by the Liberal victory in the 2000 election and attended the inaugural convention of the Alberta Independence Party along with fellow CA MP Myron Thompson.
9. The case was finally dismissed on December 5, 2003, with the finding by Judge Myron Thompson that Alabama was in compliance with the agreement.
10. Its best performance was in Alberta, where it received 6.6%. Sean Maw won 10.84% of the vote in Wild Rose and finished a very distant second to Conservative Myron Thompson.
11. She served in the 34th Canadian Parliament but lost to Myron Thompson of the Reform Party in the 1993 federal election.
12. The party's founding convention in January, 2001, garnered much media attention when several prominent figures from the Canadian Alliance attended as observers, including MPs Myron Thompson and Darrel Stinson, and Alberta 'senators-in-waiting' Ted Morton and Bert Brown.
13. Judge Thompson concluded, “The court is persuaded that the plaintiffs are likely to succeed in showing that the Act violates an individual’s constitutional right to obtain a pre-viability abortion, and thus that it violates her constitutional rights.” https://www.scribd.com/document/432554248/Myron-Thompson-Order#from_embed In a 2014 ruling, Thompson ruled an Alabama law regulating abortion unconstitutional, in Planned Parenthood Southeast, Inc., v. Strange (also known as Planned Parenthood Southeast, Inc., v. Bentley), citing the undue burden standard.
14. The monument was eventually ordered moved by US District Judge Myron Thompson.
15. 2019 Darin Erstad, The Wisness Family, Richard Lindstrom MD. 2018 Daniel O'Donnell, Ingebretsen Nordic Marketplace, Myron Thompson.
16. On October 29, 2019, U.S. District Judge Myron Thompson issued a preliminary injunction against the abortion ban, preventing the legislation from entering into effect on November 15. Thompson wrote an opinion in which he argued, "Alabama's abortion ban contravenes clear Supreme Court precedent.
- $1.5 billion
- the previous century
- only about 1%
- the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis
- $170 billion
- the previous year
- April 2015
- February 2016
- United Nations Special Rapporteur Philip Alston
- April 2011