Moirai in a sentence
1. When Evadne went into labour, Apollo sent the Moirai to assist his lover.
2. these include the Greek Erinyes (Furies) and Moirai (Fates);
3. and the three Moirai (Fates): Clotho (Spinner), Lachesis (Allotter), and Atropos (Unbending).
4. Greek: Moirai Clotho), was a princess of the kingdom of Burgundy.
5. and by the Immortals' purpose all these things had come to pass, or by the Moirai's ordinance.
6. In Greek mythology the Moirai at birth are accompanied by Eileithyia.
7. The Moirai represent a power to which even the gods have to conform.
8. The three Moirai are daughters of Ananke.
9. she is Moira Krataia "powerful Moira" (xvi.334) or there are several Moirai (xxiv.49).
10. Despite their forbidding reputation, the Moirai could be placated as goddesses.
11. Even the gods feared the Moirai or Fates, which according to Herodotus a god could not escape.
12. Aside from actual temples, there was also altars to the Moirai.
13. She is the one of the Three Fates or Moirai who spins the thread of human life;
14. Lachesis is one of the Moirai, the personifications of destiny in Greek mythology.
15. They were daughters of Zeus and Themis, half-sisters to the Moirai.
16. They are often called the Fates in English, and their Greek equivalent were the Moirai.
17. The other main songs are titled "Atropos" and "Lathesis" (sic), other "Moirai".
18. And these three Moirai or Horae are also Charites."
19. The triple Moirai are rul'd by thy decree, and all productions yield alike to thee.
20. Athena's siblings include the Horae and the Moirai.
21. It is named after Klotho or Clotho, one of the three Moirai, or Fates, in Greek mythology.
22. This group does not immediately follow the Moirai;
23. They are similar to the Greek Fates or Moirai.
24. Each tourma was divided into moirai (Greek: μοίραι) or droungoi.
25. Nyx (Night) is the mother of the Moirai (The Fates) and many other offspring.
26. The Vallas, the trio of gods, are based on the Moirai.
27. Atropos was one of the three Moirai, goddesses of fate and destiny.
28. The Moirai (the Fates) were thought to determine every person's destiny at birth.
29. It was confirmed Wet N Wild would reopen following a takeover by Moirai Capital Investments.
30. They are also known as Miren, possibly from the Greek Moirai.