Idmon in a sentence
1. Idmon was educated by Apollo to be a seer.
2. The couple had two sons, Aristaeus, and Idmon.
3. Apis, Idmon, Iamus, Tenerus, Mopsus, Galeus, Telmessus and others were gifted seers.
4. According to the myth as recounted by Ovid, Arachne was a Lydian maiden who was the daughter of Idmon of Colophon, who was a famous dyer in purple.
5. While the Argonauts were staying with Lycus, and had gone out to gather straw, the seer Idmon, son of Apollo, was wounded by a wild boar and died.
6. By the god Apollo she bore Aristaeus and Idmon.
7. Idmon became a famed seer, who was later killed by a boar.
8. She had two sons by Apollo: Aristaeus, the god of beekeeping, and Idmon, the Argonaut seer.
9. Aristaeus was entrusted to Chiron, and Idmon was brought up and educated by Apollo.
10. grandson of the seer Idmon;
11. In Greek mythology, Idmon (Ancient Greek: Ἴδμων means "having knowledge of" or "the knowing") may refer to the following individuals:
12. the prophet Idmon in turn accuses Idas of drunken vainglory.
13. Their departure is delayed when the prophet Idmon is killed by a wild boar and Tiphys dies of illness.
14. In Argonautica, the role is performed by the doomed seers Mopsus and Idmon, and especially the singer Orpheus.
15. The seers Idmon and Mopsus, able to interpret signs, might also be understood to represent the ideal audience, able to interpret symbols.
16. Apollo brings with him a group of other figures from Greek mythology, including Orpheus, Linus, Idmon, and others;
17. It has one subspecies, Pseuderythrolophus bipunctatus idmon, described by Prout in 1930, which is found in Fiji.
18. Idmon is a genus of grass skippers in the family Hesperiidae.
19. Idmon latifascia and Idmon obliquans (Mabille, 1893) in Seitz.
20. Idmon fujianana is a butterfly in the family Hesperiidae.
21. Idmon bicolora is a butterfly in the family Hesperiidae.
22. Idmon distanti is a butterfly in the family Hesperiidae.
23. Idmon flavata is a butterfly in the family Hesperiidae.
24. Idmon latifascia is a butterfly in the family Hesperiidae.
25. Idmon obliquans, the small red bob, is a butterfly in the family Hesperiidae.
26. Idmon sinica is a butterfly in the family Hesperiidae.
27. The scholiast on Apollonius Rhodius, however, calls Asteria the mother of Idmon.
28. In Greek mythology, Idmon (Ancient Greek: Ἴδμων means "having knowledge of") was an Argonaut seer.
29. Idmon foresaw his own death in the Argonaut expedition, but joined anyway.
30. In 559 BC the citizens of Megara Heraclea (today's Eregli) built a temple over Idmon's grave.