IGF2 in a sentence
1. The genes OXTR, CD38, COMT, DRD4, DRD5, IGF2, GABRB2 have been found to be candidate genes for altruism.
2. A read-through gene, INS-IGF2, overlaps with this gene at the 5' region and with the IGF2 gene at the 3' region.
3. The IGF2 stands for insulin-like growth factor II; this gene is a key contributor in human growth and development.
4. IGF2 gene is also maternally imprinted meaning that the mother's gene is silenced.
5. This leaves only the paternally expressed IGF2 to promote cell proliferation.
6. BWS disease is caused by a mutation in chromosome 11 at the locus where the IGF2 gene resides.
7. This is because the maternal Igf2 gene is imprinted.
8. Imprinting results in the inactivation of the Igf2 gene on the chromosome passed down by the mother.
9. However, the influence of BMP2 and IGF2 on the differentiation of DFCs has not been analysed in too much depth.
10. In humans, the IGF2 gene is located on chromosome 11p15.5, a region which contains numerous imprinted genes.
11. These three DNA sequences bind to CTCF in a way that limits downstream enhancer access to the Igf2 region.
12. The mechanism: the mother's allele has an insulator between the IGF2 promoter and enhancer.
13. CTCF can no longer bind to the insulator, and so the enhancer is now free to turn on the father's IGF2 promoter.
14. that is, to prevent IGF2 responses.
15. Loss of imprinting of IGF2 is a common feature in tumors seen in Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome.
16. An example of this is the Igf2-H19 imprinted locus.
17. After binding IGF2 at the cell surface, IGF2Rs accumulate in forming clathrin-coated vesicles and are internalized.
18. It functions by binding to the 5' UTR of the insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2) mRNA and regulating IGF2 translation.
19. Overexpression of IGF2 can be responsible for overgrowth, and generally, IGF2 is expressed in the absence of H19.
20. At the same time, H19 expression increases while IGF2 expression decreases in the presence of Azad.
21. The reduction of IGF2 expression could be a reason for the slower growth of cells treated with Azad.
22. Choriocarcinomas, in contrast to adrenal carcinomas, have upregulated H19 and downregulated IGF2 expression.
23. In hepatocellular carcinoma, the expression of H19 and IGF2 usually changes from monoallelic to biallelic.
24. A reason for the close coupling of H19 and IGF2 expression may be that they share the same 3’ gene enhancer.
25. This is thought to lead to low expression of IGF2 and over-expression of the H19 gene.
26. CRD-BP also binds IGF2 and H19 mRNA.
27. The H19 gene is located downstream of the IGF2 on chromosome 11 and chromosome 7 on humans and mice, respectively.
28. That work characterized the reprogramming of imprinted genes, such as IGF2, IGF2R, and H19 in cloned livestock.
29. IGF2 antisense RNA is a protein that in humans is encoded by the IGF2-AS gene.
30. The expression decrease of IGF2 may be related to adipocyte hyperplasia.
- Alisa Zinovyevna Rosenbaum
- February 2
- January 20] 1905
- 8211; March
- 6, 1982
- The Fountainhead and
- Atlas Shrugged
- The Fountainhead
- Зиновьевна Розенбаум
- February 2, 1905
- Saint Petersburg
- Zinovy Zakharovich Rosenbaum
- Anna Borisovna
- the age of eight
- the age of ten
- Stoiunina Gymnasium &
- Vladimir Nabokov's
- the February Revolution
- Alexander Kerensky
- Tsar Nicholas II
- October Revolution
- Vladimir Lenin
- the Crimean Peninsula
- the White Army
- the Russian Civil War
- June 1921
- Petrograd State University
- the age of 16