Glacier ice in a sentence
1. Glacier ice covers about 28,957 square miles (75,000 km) of Alaska.
2. Moving glacier ice can sometimes separate from the stagnant ice above, forming a bergschrund.
3. Glacier ice also flowed through the Western Breach.
4. The thickness of the glacier ice at 1,050 m was about 125 metres.
5. Ablation is a process that includes sublimation and erosive wear of glacier ice.
6. The Hubbard Glacier ice margin has continued to advance for about a century.
7. Such folding is also a feature of many igneous intrusions and glacier ice.
8. This snow is then compacted to form glacier ice which moves under gravity towards the coast.
9. Most glacier ice flows at speeds of a few hundred metres per year or less.
10. 31.6 km (12.2 sq mi) are covered by glacier ice.
11. The dam can consist of glacier ice or a terminal moraine.
12. Reconstructions conclude that these structures were located in glacier ice-margin regions;
13. Most surface material is heavily eroded, by water Glacier ice.
14. In these depressions, snow persists through summer months, and becomes glacier ice.
15. He currently works for Glacier Ice Arena in Vernon Hills, Illinois.
16. From there, the glacier ice falls off the cliff and tumbles down the steep Mowich Face;
17. Glacier ice in those circumstances must have "backed up" and spread sideways.
18. out of Missoula's Glacier Ice Rink.
19. Shikashika is a shaved ice drink made from glacier ice in Peru and Bolivia.
20. The lake is permanently covered with ice and is partly bounded by glacier ice.
21. Craig was one of the earliest people to analyze the gases trapped in the glacier ice.
22. The hill probably stood out above the Usk Valley glacier ice during the ice age.
23. The Glacier Ice Rink is a two-sheet ice arena located in Missoula, Montana.
24. The hill probably stood out above the Usk Valley glacier ice at times during the ice age.
25. and finally mount Santa Rosa which has the most of the remaining glacier ice.
26. from Taylor Glacier and Clark Glacier ice cores for two seasons, 2003 to 2005.
27. One of the reasons why sea levels begin to rise is due to the melting of large glacier ice.
28. Glacier ice is milky white when it is first formed.
29. Glacier ice covers about 28,957 square miles (75,000 km) of Alaska.
30. The bugs were extracted from a core sample drilled from glacier ice in Greenland.
- The Bering Glacier
- 2,008 square miles
- 5,200 km
- October 1998
- the United States Bureau of Land Management
- approximately 65%
- the Bureau of Land Management
- 87 million acres
- 35 million hectares
- The Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
- the United States Fish and Wildlife Service
- 16 million acres
- 6.5 million
- 101 million acres
- 41 million
- the Alaska Statehood Act
- The University of Alaska
- Another 44 million acres
- 18 million hectares
- Individual Native
- about one percent
- Southeast Alaska
- Köppen Cfc
- 130 cm
- over 150
- 380 cm
- 41 cm
- 190 cm
- Western Alaska
- the Gulf of Alaska
- farther north
- the Seward Peninsula
- i. e.
- Kotzebue Sound
- less than 10