Fromental Halévy in a sentence
1. His professor was a protégé of Cherubini, Fromental Halévy, whose pupils included Charles Gounod and Bizet.
2. In 1853, he joined Fromental Halévy's composition class and began to produce works of increasing sophistication and quality.
3. Not long after Fromental Halévy's death in 1862, Bizet had been approached on behalf of Mme.
4. There he studied composition with Fromental Halévy, Henri Berton, Jean Lesueur and Ferdinando Paer and piano with Pierre Zimmerman.
5. (Cf. the closing scene of Fromental Halévy's opera, La Juive, libretto also by Scribe, produced a year earlier than Les Huguenots).
6. The new Théâtre Royal de la Monnaie opened on 25 March 1856 with Fromental Halévy’s Jaguarita l'Indienne.
7. His uncle, Fromental Halévy, was a noted composer of opera;
8. The most prolific composers of this genre included Giacomo Meyerbeer, Fromental Halévy, and the later Jacques Offenbach;
9. He was soon re-hired by Klemperer as an assistant, and in 1922, he conducted Fromental Halévy's opera La Juive as a substitute.
10. An opera, Le Juif errant, by Fromental Halévy, was based on elements of the novel.
11. These were to include Meyerbeer's Les Huguenots, Fromental Halévy's La Juive, and Daniel Auber's Gustave III.
12. Thus Dancla went to the Paris Conservatory and studied with Baillot for violin and Fromental Halévy for composition.
13. The plot bears similarities to Jacques Fromental Halévy's opera La Juive.
14. The most prolific composers of this genre included Giacomo Meyerbeer, Fromental Halévy, and the later Jacques Offenbach;
15. Her sister, Leonie, was the wife of composer Fromental Halévy and she is a cousin of Olinde Rodrigues.
16. The most prolific composers of this genre included Giacomo Meyerbeer, Fromental Halévy, and the later Jacques Offenbach;
17. Her first important operatic appearance was as Catherina Cornaro in Fromental Halévy's La reine de Chypre.
18. Le nabab is a three-act opéra comique by Fromental Halévy to a libretto by Eugène Scribe.
19. L'artisan (The Craftsman) is an opéra comique by Fromental Halévy, to a libretto by Jules-Henri Vernoy de Saint-Georges.
20. Le val d'Andorre (The Valley of Andorra) is an opéra comique by Fromental Halévy with a libretto by Saint-Georges.
21. In fact the opera's plot is in many ways an inversion of Fromental Halévy's opera La Juive (libretto by Eugène Scribe).
22. Other pre-20th-century operas based on The Tempest include Fromental Halévy's La Tempesta (1850) and Zdeněk Fibich's Bouře (1894).
23. Naumbourg arrived in Paris in 1843 and began a friendship with Jacques Fromental Halévy, to whom he had been recommended.
24. In 1844, he began his musical career, studying singing with Ponchard and composition with Fromental Halévy at the Paris Conservatory.
25. Video recordings include the operas Clari by Fromental Halévy (DVD: Decca);
26. Clari is an opera semiseria in three acts by Fromental Halévy, to an Italian libretto by Pietro Giannone.
27. Most of the music was by Fromental Halévy, and the libretto was by Edmond Cavé and Henri Duponchel.
28. She began dancing in Paris in 1851 appearing in a dance sequence in Fromental Halévy's opera La Tempesta.
29. He studied in Paris with Friedrich Kalkbrenner, François Benoist and Jacques Fromental Halévy. He lived in London from 1850.
30. Le shérif (The Sheriff) is an opéra comique in three acts composed by Fromental Halévy to a libretto by Eugène Scribe.
- Le Val d'Andorre
- the Peninsular War
- Imperial Germany
- the French Legions
- the Treaty of Versailles
- the Revolution of 1933
- Joves Andorrans
- April 1933
- the Andorran Parliament
- René-Jules Baulard
- the Síndic Francesc Cairat
- 6 July 1934
- Boris Skossyreff
- 8 July 1934
- Boris I
- 10 July
- the Co-Prince
- 20 July
- Garde Mobile
- the 1933 Revolution
- Vichy France
- the Hostal Palanques Evasion Network Command
- The Evasion Network Command
- almost 400
- between 1941 and 1944
- the Casino Hotel
- Free France
- Andorran Group (Agrupament Andorrà
- French Resistance
- Banc Agrícol
- Crèdit Andorrà
- Banca Mora