Esalen in a sentence
1. Perls had led numerous Gestalt therapy seminars at Esalen.
2. He practiced at the Esalen Institute in the 1960s.
3. He became a scholar-in-residence at the Esalen Institute.
4. Alan Watts gave the first lecture at Esalen in January 1962.
5. Jim Simkin and Perls led Gestalt training courses at Esalen.
6. When Perls left Esalen he considered it to be "in crisis again".
7. Time magazine published an article about Esalen in September 1967.
8. It is the research and development arm of Esalen Institute.
9. Gordon Wheeler dramatically restructured Esalen management.
10. John Cage and Robert Rauschenberg performed together at Esalen.
11. Arts festivals have since become a popular yearly event at Esalen.
12. He also served as Esalen's general manager in the 1970s.
13. Esalen has also been the subject of some criticism and controversy.
14. Some people saw this ethic as an aspect of Esalen's culture.
15. Price was one of Perls's students at Esalen.
16. In 1972 he retired from actively running Esalen to do more writing.
17. Esalen's naked yoga was depicted in the 1968 comedy film Bob &
18. His work remains at the core of the Esalen experience.
19. Gia-Fu was drawn to Esalen by his close friend Dick Price.
20. He also served as Esalen's director of programs and education.
21. (Perls left Esalen in 1968).
22. He has also been a keynote speaker at the TEDx and Esalen.
23. In 1973, Meggyesy was a co-founder of the Esalen Sports Center.
24. They incorporated the business as Esalen Institute.
25. Gestalt Practice influenced many people at Esalen.
26. It was held at the Esalen Institute in Big-Sur, California.
27. General manager Esalen Institute 1995–2003.
28. Faraday and Lewis worked with the Esalen Institute since 1976.
29. She got a job at Esalen and began living there.
30. Lydon led knitting workshops at various places including Esalen.
- pacifist issues
- An Encyclopedia
- an active member
- son Matthew Huxley
- friend Gerald Heard
- (Upanishad-centered philosophy
- whose teachings
- an enduring exchange
- the more rarefied, detached, ivory-tower perspective
- his pragmatic concerns
- Krishnamurti's quintessential statement
- Last Freedom
- a Vedantist
- the circle
- Hindu Swami Prabhavananda
- this circle
- widely held spiritual values
- renowned mystics
- Huxley's book
- a sensibility
- the generally accepted "five senses
- genuine meaning
- both sensual satisfactions
- a close friend
- much time
- the college