Chechahcos in a sentence
1. Alaska's first independent picture entirely made in Alaska was The Chechahcos, produced by Alaskan businessman Austin E. Lathrop and filmed in and around Anchorage.
2. The Chechahcos is a 1924 silent film about the gold rush days in the Klondike.
3. The town has served as a backdrop for at least two films: The Chechahcos, a 1924 silent film about the Klondike Gold Rush, and Warren Miller's 1997 Snowriders II. Girdwood was the home of Alaska's former senior U.S. Senator Ted Stevens, and Girdwood found itself in the media spotlight when the construction projects on Stevens' home became the subject of a federal investigation.
4. In 1924, he produced The Chechahcos, the first feature-length film shot entirely in Alaska.
5. Alaska's first independent picture entirely made in Alaska was The Chechahcos, produced by Alaskan businessman Austin E. Lathrop and filmed in and around Anchorage.
- Austin E. Lathrop
- the Alaska Moving Picture Corporation
- Ray Mala