Home > Letter C > Casa de la Vall

Casa de la Vall in a sentence

1. Three centuries after its foundation the Consell de la Terra located its headquarters and the Tribunal de Corts in Casa de la Vall in 1702.

2. Its most notable building is the Casa de la Vall—constructed in the early sixteenth century—which has been the state's parliamentary house since 1702.

3. On 10 July 2003, he carried out the Constitutional Oath as the new Co-Prince of Andorra at "Casa de la Vall", Andorra la Vella.

4. The arms of Catalonia and Béarn were added, and a "centuries-old carving" of this four-part quartered emblem is featured on the exterior of the country's parliament building – the Casa de la Vall – which served as the meeting place of the General Council until 2014.

5. It was initially housed in the hall of lost steps (sala dels passos perduts) in the Casa de la Vall (the headquarters of the General Council of Andorra).

6. The initial collection of around 2,500 volumes came mainly from the library of the Casa de la Vall, but also included donations from the Catalan Book Exposition, donations from various publishing houses, and works acquired by the General Council of Andorra.

7. The winning designs were announced on 16 May and depict a pyrenean chamois on the 1, 2 and 5 euro cent pieces, the Church of Santa Coloma and a depiction of Christ from the church Sant Martí de la Cortinada on the 10, 20, and 50 euro cent pieces, and Casa de la Vall on the 1 euro piece.

8. Casa de la Vall is a historical house in Andorra la Vella, Andorra.

9. It is located in Andorra la Vella, near the government headquarters, and it replaces the previous parliament in Casa de la Vall.

10. Ordinary sessions take place in the New Parliament of Andorra, whereas traditional sessions (the constitutive session or the Sant Tomàs session) take place in Casa de la Vall.

11. In 1996, during the first constitutional term, a commission was created to design a new headquarters for the General Council of Andorra located in Casa de la Vall, which was too small to hold parliamentary sessions.