Boris I in a sentence
1. Boris I abolished paganism in favour of Eastern Orthodox Christianity in 864.
2. ^ c: In the Ballshi Inscription, the title of Boris I is Archon of Bulgaria.
3. Karel Škorpil suggested that Boris I may have been interred there.
4. Boris I was the son and successor of Presian I of Bulgaria.
5. In 854 the Moravian Prince Rastislav persuaded Boris I to help him against East Francia.
6. Simeon was born in 864 or 865, as the third son of Knyaz Boris I of Krum's dynasty.
7. Therefore, in 893, Boris I left the monastery he inhabited and dispossessed his son.
8. He was active during the reign of Boris I (852–889) and his son Simeon I (893–927).
9. Some sources date the building of the church during the rule of Knyaz Boris I (852 – 889).
10. Tsarev-Borisov, named after Tsar Boris I, was the oldest settlement in Sloboda Ukraine.
11. Monument to Boris I Pliska, plan of the palace complex.
12. His mother was a Bulgarian noblewoman chosen as wife of Klonimir by Boris I himself.
13. The reign of Boris I (r. 852–889) began with numerous setbacks.
14. By 863 Presian's successor Khan Boris I had decided to accept Christianity.
15. In 863 Boris I sought a mission from East Francia rather than from the Byzantine Empire.
16. In 866 Boris I faced a major rebellion of the boila from all parts of the country.
17. Boris I, the ruler of Bulgaria, converted to Orthodox Christianity in 864.
18. Boris I (852–889) was the first Bulgarian ruler to accept Christianity, in 863.
19. Mutimir sent them as prisoners, a guarantee of peace, to the court of Boris I at Pliska.
20. Boris I. Bittker papers (MS 1869).
21. Boris I abolished paganism in favour of Eastern Orthodox Christianity in 864.
22. Boris I and Mutimir agreed on peace (and perhaps an alliance).
23. Boris I of Bulgaria sent mounted troops to help defeat Rastislav.
24. Without the consent of Boris I of Bulgaria, the papacy was unable to enforce its claims.
25. Baptism of Boris I Baptism of Borivoj I by Saint Methodius.
26. Klonimir married a Bulgarian noblewoman chosen by Khan Boris I himself.
27. Shortly after, Boris I accepted many Christian missionaries into the country.
28. His debut in cinema was a minor role in Boris I in 1985.
29. As a student, Boris I. Peshkov was fascinated by taxidermy — the stuffing of animals.
30. In 867 Ermenrich went to Bulgaria, where Khan Boris I assumed Christianity in 864.
- 10 July
- the Co-Prince
- 20 July
- Garde Mobile
- the 1933 Revolution
- Vichy France
- the Hostal Palanques Evasion Network Command
- The Evasion Network Command
- almost 400
- between 1941 and 1944
- the Casino Hotel
- Free France
- Andorran Group (Agrupament Andorrà
- French Resistance
- Banc Agrícol
- Crèdit Andorrà
- Banca Mora
- Banca Cassany
- the late 1930s
- April 1968
- Charles de Gaulle
- Ràdio Andorra
- Swing, Rhythm &
- Jazz, Rock &