BBVA USA in a sentence
1. A 2017 study found that Alabama had the least competitive health insurance market in the country, with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama having a market share of 84% followed by UnitedHealth Group at 7%. Regions Financial Corporation and BBVA USA Bank are the largest banks headquartered in Alabama.
2. Birmingham-based Compass Banchshares was acquired by Spanish-based BBVA in September 2007 with the headquarters of BBVA USA remaining in Birmingham.
3. BBVA USA (formerly BBVA Compass) is a bank holding company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
4. BBVA USA holds naming rights to BBVA Stadium, a soccer venue in Houston, Texas.
5. From 2011 to 2014, BBVA USA was the title sponsor of the Birmingham Bowl (then called the BBVA Compass Bowl), a college football bowl game played annually in Birmingham.
6. In April 2014, BBVA USA opened its renovated Development Center.
7. In 2015, Money Magazine recognized BBVA USA for the best mobile banking app of the year.
8. In June 2019, BBVA unified its brand worldwide and BBVA Compass is renamed BBVA USA.
9. In October 2016, BBVA USA announced its Opportunity Fellows Program, an initiative to train leaders of Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs), organizations focused on helping in low-income communities.
10. The program then expanded across BBVA USA's seven-state footprint in 2018.
11. In 2018, BBVA USA launched a four-month pilot of its financial education program.
12. As the leading corporate donor, BBVA USA contributed $8 million to the visual arts school, representing the bank's largest donation ever to any single organization.
13. In September 2019, BBVA USA became a founding signatory of the United Nations Principles for Responsible Banking, joining 130 banks worldwide committed to aligning their business with the United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
14. In 2018, for the second consecutive year, BBVA USA received “Gold level recognition” from the American Heart Association, earning a spot on its annual Workplace Achievement Index.
15. In 2019, BBVA USA earned a perfect score on Diversity Inc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 2019 list, the bank's second recognition since 2017.
16. In 2019, for the second consecutive year, BBVA USA also earned a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index, an annual LGBTQ workplace equality scorecard.
17. A 2017 study found that Alabama had the least competitive health insurance market in the country, with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama having a market share of 84% followed by UnitedHealth Group at 7%. Regions Financial Corporation and BBVA USA Bank are the largest banks headquartered in Alabama.
18. Birmingham-based Compass Banchshares was acquired by Spanish-based BBVA in September 2007 with the headquarters of BBVA USA remaining in Birmingham.
19. The company provides FDIC-insured checking accounts to US citizens and Permanent Residents through a partnership with BBVA USA and is part of the STAR network for surcharge-free access to around 55,000 ATMs.
20. As of 2018, BBVA USA is one of the 30 largest banks in the US. In 2010, the Group acquired 24.9% of the capital of Turkiye Garanti Bankasi AS, the second largest bank in Turkey, and reached an agreement with the Dogus Group - the reference shareholder of Garanti - to manage the entity jointly.
21. Development of the stadium was facilitated after BBVA USA made a $1.5 million donation to the university for its construction in November 2014.
22. It is majority-owned by BBVA, utilizes BBVA USA's banking license and payment infrastructure, but operates as an independent company.
23. Its banking services are provided by BBVA USA.
- November 2006
- Regions Financial
- AmSouth Bancorporation
- SouthTrust Corporation
- Wells Fargo
- $400 million
- New South Federal Savings Bank
- Harbert Management Corporation
- Rust International
- Brasfield &
- B.L. Harbert International
- the Engineering News-Record
- Washington Group International
- URS Corporation
- the Alabama Constitution
- almost 800
- roughly forty
- the United States Constitution
- the Alabama Legislature
- the Alabama House of Representatives
- the Alabama Senate
- The Republican Party
- the Alabama State Treasurer
- the State Auditor
- Kay Ivey
- the Alabama Supreme Court
- Tom Parker
- the Court of Civil Appeals