Annette Island in a sentence
1. In 1888, William Duncan returned to Washington and lobbied the U.S. Congress for an Indian reserve on Annette Island.
2. The airfield on Annette Island was garrisoned by Canadians during the war.
3. They can also travel to Ketchikan on Revillagigedo Island and cross the Revillagigedo Channel to Annette Island by boat or seaplane.
4. It is within the Port Chester Bay, on Annette Island, about 25 km (16 mi) south of Ketchikan.
5. After gaining approval, the group founded New Metlakatla on Annette Island in southern Alaska.
6. The strait separates Prince of Wales Island, on the west side, from Revillagigedo Island and Annette Island, on the east side.
7. Annette Island is located west across the Revillagigedo Channel from the Alaska mainland and south of Revillagigedo Island.
8. The largest islands in the group are Gravina Island, Annette Island, Duke Island, and Mary Island.
9. The Squadron thus left Dartmouth on the morning of 6 June 1942 for their epic 4000 mile trip to Annette Island Alaska.
10. Annette Island Landing Field and Yakutat Landing Field assigned as sub bases to Elmendorf Field.
11. In 1963, Pan Am was operating daily Boeing 707 jetliner flights to Seattle via a stop at Annette Island.
12. By 1965, Pacific Northern was operating Boeing 720 jets nonstop to Seattle, Anchorage and Annette Island.
13. The airport was established as the Annette Island Army Airfield during World War II and initially served as a military airbase.
14. In 1963, Pan Am was flying Boeing 707 jetliners into the airport with a daily roundtrip routing of Seattle - Annette Island - Juneau.
15. Her route connects Metlakatla on Annette Island to Ketchikan.
16. In a similar manner, Inter-Island Ferry Authority ships have provided service to Annette Island when Lituya was under repair.
17. Company B deployed to Annette Island in Southeast Alaskain support of Operation Alaskan Road in August 1997.
18. They later moved to Annette Island, Alaska, where he gained authority from the US Congress for an Indian reservation.
19. She started a position in the 1920s teaching Tsimshian children in Metlakatla, Alaska, on Annette Island.
20. Eventually, he decided to found a second utopian community on Annette Island, Alaska, on the territory of the Tongass tribe of Tlingit.
21. In a similar manner, Inter-Island Ferry Authority ships have provided service to Annette Island when Lituya was under repair.
22. In the summer of 1948, Floyds Bay served as tender for seaplanes flying photographic missions from Annette Island, Alaska.
23. At the age of 13, Haldane migrated to the village of Metlakatla, Alaska, located on Annette Island, along with 800 other Tsimshian people.
24. The 1st and 3rd Battalions were posted to Annette Island and Seward, Nome and Yakutat, Alaska.
25. The 1st and 3rd Battalions, 153rd Infantry were then posted to Annette Island and Seward, Nome and Yakutat, Alaska.
26. After its closure, it was redeveloped into Annette Island Airport.
27. Benjamin Haldane (1874–1941), Tsimshian of Metlakatla Village on Annette Island, Alaska;
28. The updated forecast called for the cold front to reach Annette Island at 4:00 PM PST, but still made no mention of turbulence.
29. The station was originally established on Annette Island in March 1944, until relocating to Sitka in 1977.
30. William Duncan, a sawmill, and 50 tons of supplies to Metlakata on Annette Island, helping establish the Tsimshian people in Alaska.
- the Pacific Northwest Coast
- the late 18th through the mid-19th century
- Native Alaskans
- the Alutiiq ~ Sugpiaq
- Southcentral Alaska
- Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
- Semyon Dezhnyov's
- Nikolai Daurkin
- the Kheuveren River
- Koyuk River
- St. Gabriel
- M. S. Gvozdev
- I. Fyodorov
- August 21, 1732
- A. F. Shestakov
- Dmitry Pavlutsky
- Vitus Bering
- Russian Navy
- St. Peter
- Between 1774 and 1800
- Nootka Sound
- Bucareli Sound
- mid-19th century
- New Archangel
- Baranof Island
- $7.2 million
- Tsar Alexander II
- the Russian Empire