Alaska Native Heritage Center in a sentence
1. The Alaska Native Heritage Center celebrates the rich heritage of Alaska's 11 cultural groups.
2. The Alaska Native Heritage Center is an educational and cultural institution for all Alaskans, located in Anchorage, Alaska.
3. The Alaska Native Heritage Center shares the heritage of Alaska's 11 major cultural groups.
4. He produced and executive produced twelve cultural documentary films for the Alaska Native Heritage Center which have been screened internationally at film festivals and broadcast nationally on the American Public Broadcasting System (PBS).
5. From 2000 through 2015, he served in a variety of positions at the Alaska Native Heritage Center directing arts and education, and public programs.
6. Other totem poles stand outside Juneau-Douglas High School, Juneau's Centennial Hall, in Juneau's Sealaska Building, in Totem Bight State Historical Park, at the Alaska Native Heritage Center, at Saxman Totem Park, and at the Totem Heritage Center in Ketchikan.
7. Hoover's work was exhibited internationally, and his artworks feature prominently in several Anchorage buildings such as the William A. Egan Civic and Convention Center, the Alaska Native Medical Center and the Alaska Native Heritage Center.
8. North Muldoon Road, formerly Oilwell Road, is used as the primary access to the shopping center, Bartlett High School, the Alaska Native Heritage Center (ANHC) and also leads to one of the gates of Joint Base Elmendorf–Richardson (JBER).
9. Silook's sculptures are in the Anchorage Museum, the Alaska Native Heritage Center, de Young Museum, and the Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art.
10. He works with indigenous populations such as the Alaska Native Heritage Center and the Hawaiian Playwrights Initiative, among others.
11. Worl's work has been recognized with numerous honors, including a Ford Foundation Fellowship (1972-1977), International Women’s Year Conference (1977), the Gloria Steinem Award for Empowerment (1989), Women of Hope (1997), Outstanding Contribution, Alaska Native Heritage Center (2000), Human Rights Award, Cultural Survival (2002), Women of Courage Award (NWPC (2003), Native People Award Enhancing the Native Alaskan Community, Wells Fargo (2004), National Museum of the Indian Smithsonian Institution Honor (2006), University of Alaska Southeast Commencement Speaker (2006), Distinguished Service to the Humanities Award (2008) Governor’s Award for the Arts &
12. The Alaska Native Heritage Center celebrates the rich heritage of Alaska's 11 cultural groups.
- The Alaska Native Arts Foundation
- Mary Youngblood
- Libby Roderick
- Lincoln Brewster
- The Man
- the Alaska Folk Festival
- the Fairbanks Summer Arts Festival
- the Anchorage Folk Festival
- the Sitka Jazz Festival
- the Sitka Summer Music Festival
- the Anchorage Symphony Orchestra
- the Fairbanks Symphony Orchestra
- Juneau Symphony
- The Anchorage Opera
- Alaska's Flag
- Austin E. Lathrop
- the Alaska Moving Picture Corporation
- Ray Mala