Actium in a sentence
1. Delphi and Actium were his primary places of worship.
2. "Actium". Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography.
3. "Actium" . Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed.).
4. Antony drew up his ships and troops at Actium, where Octavian moved to meet him.
5. On September 2, 31 BC, the Battle of Actium was fought.
6. Later that year, Antony was defeated by Octavian's forces at the Battle of Actium.
7. On 2 September, the naval Battle of Actium took place.
8. Octavian annihilated Egyptian forces in the Battle of Actium in 31 BCE.
9. Pliny speaks of iron mines, and also of a pearl-fishery off Actium.
10. According to Paul Orose, Octavian commanded five cohorts at the Battle of Actium.
11. In 31 BC the legion fought in the Battle of Actium against Mark Antony.
12. They were defeated at the Battle of Actium in 31 BC. They went back to Egypt.
13. This Rostra was decorated with the rams from the Battle of Actium.
14. And the naval Battle of Actium established the Roman empire under Augustus.
15. Strew dark Actium's fatal shore;
16. Agrippa wearing the Naval crown, commemorating his role in the Battle of Actium.
17. In 31 BC, it fought in the Battle of Actium against Mark Antony.
18. The legion probably participated in the Battle of Actium (31 BC).
19. Very soon these galleys would play a decisive role in the battle near Actium.
20. Antony moved his fleet to Actium where Octavian's navy and army had taken camp.
21. This is partly because after Actium, the reign of Augustus was mostly peaceful.
22. Bogud died in Antony's Actium campaign, during the fighting at Methone.
23. Mark Antony stopped there before Actium.
24. Antony leads Cleopatra's fleet into the legendary Battle of Actium.
25. At the Battle of Actium, Sosius commanded the left wing of the fleet.
26. At the Battle of Actium (31 BC), Augustus had five such cohorts around him.
27. Parts of a poem on the Battle of Actium have also survived in the library.
28. Before the Battle of Actium, Silanus went over to Octavianus.
29. A General History of Rome to the Battle of Actium appeared in 1894.
30. of Actium decides the fate of the Roman Empire.