A fifth century in a sentence
1. Tao Sheng, a fifth-century Chinese Buddhist monk wrote the earliest extant commentary on the Lotus Sūtra.
2. Empedocles, a fifth-century BC Greek philosopher, identified Fire, Earth, Air, and Water as elements.
3. The name "Bodelwyddan" translates as Abode (Bod) of Elwyddan, he being a fifth century Romano Chieftain of the area.
4. The museum is also home to the Ma'agan Michael Ship, the wreck of a fifth-century BCE merchantman.
5. It is built on the site of a fifth-century Byzantine church.
6. This coin collection holds one of the most valuable coins in the field of numismatics, a fifth-century Sicilian tetradrachm.
7. Ephialtes was a fifth century BC Athenian statesman.
8. The church was designed after a fifth-century basilica in Ravenna, Italy.
9. This is a seventh-century document, once, but no longer, taken as to contain a fifth-century original text.
10. Sangiban was a fifth-century Alan king at the time of Attila's invasion of Gaul (451).
11. Saint Diadochos of Photiki was a fifth-century ascetic whose works are included in the Philokalia.
12. Saint Anatolius of Alexandria was a fifth-century saint who became the first patriarch of Constantinople in 451.
13. Renatus Profuturus Frigeridus was a fifth-century historian.
14. Flavius Rusticius Helpidius was a fifth-century poet.
15. Maël was a fifth-century Breton saint who lived as a hermit in Wales.
16. It was popularized by a fifth-century saint Maël who lived in Wales.
17. The first line (A solis ortu...) is drawn from a fifth-century hymn of Caelius Sedulius.
18. Theodotus of Ancyra was a fifth-century bishop of Ancyra (modern Ankara).
19. Saint Titian of Brescia (Italian: San Tiziano di Brescia) was a fifth-century bishop of Brescia.
20. The chapel was dedicated to Saint Parthée (San Parteu), a fifth-century saint who was very popular in the Giunssani.
21. In the center of the Royal Pantheon is a sarcophagus covered by a fifth century marble tombstone.
22. Athenaeus associates the work with Botrys of Messana, a fifth-century author described as a "shameful writer" by Timaeus.
23. The crypt contains the remains of a fifth-century Roman basilica.
24. Mary is also dying in a house or room, which has more in common with a fifteenth century home than a fifth century one.
25. Venantius of Berri was a fifth century Saint and abbot.
26. Saint Ina is thought to be a fifth century Welsh saint and a member of the royal house of Gwynedd.
27. The ruins of a fifth century church stand above a beach at the east end of the island.
28. Gildas, a fifth-century Romano-British monk, was the first major historian of Wales and England.
29. Patricius (Patrikios) was a fifth-century Roman jurist who taught in the ancient Law School of Berytus (present-day Beirut).
30. Koguryo's former capital, near Ji'an in China's Jilin province, a magnificent stele praises the deeds of a fifth-century king.
- or fourth century
- Λεύκη Νῆσος
- Leúkē Nêsos
- White Island
- the fifth century
- φαεννά νᾶσος
- phaenná nâsos
- μακαρῶν νῆσοι
- makárôn nêsoi
- the Homeric Elysium
- Guy Hedreen
- North and South
- the Euxine Sea
- Every morning
- Dionysius Periegetes
- the first century AD
- Leuce island
- Delphic Pythia
- Ammianus Marcellinus
- Achílleion (Ἀχίλλειον
- Stephanus Byzantinus
- Nicolae Densuşianu
- the Danube delta