1 Andy Roddick in a sentence
1. Sampras had defeated No. 3 Tommy Haas in the fourth round and future No. 1 Andy Roddick in the quarterfinals, while Agassi had defeated No. 1 and defending champion Lleyton Hewitt in the semi-finals.
2. Sampras had defeated No. 3 Tommy Haas in the fourth round and future No. 1 Andy Roddick in the quarterfinals, while Agassi had defeated No. 1 and defending champion Lleyton Hewitt in the semifinals.
3. Former world No. 1 Andy Roddick praised Henin's and Hingis's racket skills, saying "She has probably the best racket skills of any female player I’ve seen, maybe her [Hingis] and Justine."
4. Southern Financial Group Masters in Cincinnati, he advanced over former world no. 6 Gilles Simon, over world no. 8 Fernando Verdasco, over former world no. 7 Richard Gasquet, and over world no. 4 Murray to reach the semifinals, where he defeated former world no. 1 Andy Roddick, 4–6, 7–6, 6–1. He was edged by world no. 2 Roger Federer, 6–7, 7–6, 6–4, in the final, but jumped into the top 25 in the world rankings.
5. He finally clinched victory for his country, defeating America's No. 1 player and former world No. 1 Andy Roddick in five sets.
6. His victory in Memphis is still often referred to as his most impressive victory, as he beat future World No. 1 Andy Roddick in the final.
7. Spadea has ATP career singles wins over Roger Federer (1–2 record), Pete Sampras (1–4), Andre Agassi (2–4), Rafael Nadal (1–1), Andy Roddick (1–2), Patrick Rafter, Richard Krajicek, Yevgeny Kafelnikov, Jim Courier, Michael Chang, Marat Safin, and Gustavo Kuerten.
8. Unseeded, he beat former world no. 1 Andy Roddick 3–6, 6–4, 6–3, 6–4 in the first round, then Nicolás Massú, Paul-Henri Mathieu and Marcos Baghdatis in the fourth round to make his first Grand Slam quarterfinal, which he lost in straight sets to Novak Djokovic 6–3, 6–3, 6–3. Notable performances included reaching the quarterfinals of Buenos Aires, Dubai, Miami, and Monte Carlo.
9. In the 2006 Madrid Masters, Berdych delivered back-to-back upsets over former No. 1 Andy Roddick, and Rafael Nadal, but lost to Fernando González in the semifinals.
10. En route to the semifinals, Monfils defeated former world No. 1 Andy Roddick.
11. Noteworthy in this tournament was a strong performance by the American men, despite former champion and world #1 Andy Roddick losing in the first round.
12. En route to this performance, Martín's first-round win was his first victory over former world No. 1, Andy Roddick, in their fifth encounter.
13. As defending champion at the Australian Open, Djokovic retired from his quarterfinal match with former world No. 1 Andy Roddick.
14. This was the last Grand Slam tournament for 2006 French Open Semifinalist and former World No. 3 Ivan Ljubičić, South African player Rik de Voest and last Australian Open for four-time Semifinalist and former World No. 1 Andy Roddick, retiring during his 2nd Round match against local and former World No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt, 2004 Semifinalist and former World No. 1 Juan Carlos Ferrero, losing in a 5 setter 1st round match against Viktor Troicki and 2006 Semifinalist and former World No. 3 David Nalbandian, losing in a controversial 5 setter 2nd round match against John Isner that lasted 4:41:00 Hours.
15. This was also the last Grand Slam tournament for 2001 Australian Open Finalist and former World No. 10 Arnaud Clement and last French Open appearance for 2003 Champion and former World No. 1 Juan Carlos Ferrero and former World No. 1 Andy Roddick.
16. This was the last Grand Slam tournament for 2002 Wimbledon Finalist and former World No. 3 David Nalbandian, 2003 French Open Champion and former World No. 1 Juan Carlos Ferrero, former Top 15 player Juan Ignacio Chela and last Wimbledon appearance for three-time Finalist and former World No. 1 Andy Roddick.
17. Former world number 1 Andy Roddick was looking to capture his first Wimbledon title and second Grand Slam, having won the 2003 US Open.
18. Former world number 1, Andy Roddick, tweeted on 29 August in response to the news, "It’s almost like someone should have said something a decade ago" . Roddick is on record to have called for a players union as far back as 2011 .
- the 1990 French Open
- the Miami Open
- Hong Kong
- Pat Rafter
- Rome Masters
- the final years
- Swiss Indoors
- the Masters Cup
- the 2004 US Open
- two windy days
- Dubai Championships
- almost 220 meters
- Burj al-Arab
- the 2005 US Open
- more than $30 million
- Djokovic, Federer, Nadal
- May 2018
- more than $25 million
- the 2006 US Open
- September 5, 2007
- Andy Roddick
- Tim Henman
- Kim Clijsters
- World Team Tennis for the Philadelphia Freedoms
- the summer of 2009
- the 2009 French Open
- the Outback Champions Series
- the Cancer Treatment Centers of America Tennis Championships
- the PowerShares Series
- Agassi beat Courier
- the Staples Champions Cup
- the CTCA Championships
- San Jose
- the Acura Champions Cup